December 31, 2021

New Year's Eve Traditions





New Year's Eve is the last day of the year. Some celebrate it and some don’t but, have we ever wondered what’s the reason why we celebrate it? Well according to Google, New Year's Eve is one of the largest global celebrations because it marks the last day of the year in the Gregorian calendar, December 31, before the New Year. Many people celebrate New Year's Eve to bid farewell to the year that ends and to welcome the New Year.

You may wonder what the New Year's Eve Celebration means to me. For me, this celebrates a year of your life with your family. I mostly celebrate everything I accomplished during the year and remember everything I did and did not do, that I can still accomplish next year. People have different reasons to celebrate, but spending time with my loved ones is my favorite one.

People celebrate the New Year following traditions. Some are cool, but others are really weird: From stuffing your mouth with grapes, big firework displays, wearing something pink, and ringing bells to weird ones, like walking an empty suitcase around the block, throwing furniture, smashing plates...


We all have different ideas about what new year's eve is about, but what really matters is to enjoy the last day of the year. It doesn’t really matter why and how you celebrate it, what matters Who is there with you, and that you take time to think and reflect about this year's accomplishments to start thinking about your new ones it for the future. 


Happy New year!


Avril VĂ©lez
7th Grade


No comments:

Post a Comment